Verona & Valpolicella Weekend:2 days/1 nightJanuary 10, 2018
The city of Romeo & Juliet
with winery visits in the
Valpolicella and Soave wine regions
from euro 520/person
Spend a relaxing three days and two nights exploring the Valpolicella and Soave wine-producing areas. Your accomodations at a charming B&B or boutique hotel are in the center of historic Verona. This unique program combines the history and monuments of Verona, home to Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet, with winery visits in the nearby Valpolicella and Soave wine-producing areas.
The Valpolicella is located between Verona and Lake Garda, an easy drive from Venice. This group of small valleys has been famous for its wine production for over 2,000 years. Discover all of the wines made here today, including Amarone, Ripasso, Valpolicella and Recioto. Learn about the local grape varietals and unique production methods directly from the winemakers. Enjoy the beautiful hilly scenery as you explore the Valpolicella Classic wine producing area with your private guide.
Our tour now takes us to the gentle hills surrounding the small medieval burg of Soave, just east of Verona. We’ll stop for a stroll up to the castle with its stunning views of the surrounding countryside. We will visit a small family-run producer where we will take a walk through the vineyards and learn about the local production methods from the winemaker. Here the soil is mainly of volcanic origin and is one of the most famous white wine regions in Italy, producing elegant still and sparkling versions. The visit will be followed by a guided wine tasting of the different versions of Soave and Recioto di Soave.
We’ll stop for a traditional lunch at a local trattoria where you can taste the local specialties and wine. After lunch, transfer service back to the Venice Marco Polo Airport, Venice Tronchetto or Verona Villafranca Airport.
- Small group format of a maximum of 8 fellow wine and food enthusiasts
- Accomodations in the center of Verona, at a charming B&B or boutique hotel, allowing you to explore Verona on your own in the evenings
- Private guided walking tour of Verona as an introduction to the city
- Enjoy two winery visits in the Valpolicella and one winery visit in the Soave wine-producing area
- A stop in the town of Soave and time to explore the Soave Castle with stunning views of the area
- Memorable lunches in wine country with local specialties
- English-speaking wine and food expert as your guide throughout the tour
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
- 2 nights’ accommodation at a charming B&B or boutique hotel in a double room with private bathroom, including breakfast
- All transportation of the itinerary by comfortable van or minvan
- Airport transfers to/from Venice Marco Polo Airport, Venice Tronchetto or Verona Villafranca Airport
- English speaking support at all times by Venice Day Trips, local guides and hotel staff
- All entrance fees and guided visits
- 2 Amarone winery visits and tastings in the Valpolicella
- 1 Soave winery visit and tasting
- breakfasts and lunches
- Personal wine and food guide
What’s Not Included
- Supplement for accommodations in a single room
- Dinner in Verona during the tour (Day 1 and Day 2)
- Transfers from other cities or airports (which can be provided on request and quoted separately)
Detailed Day-by-Day Program
Pick up from Venice Marco Polo Airport, Venice Tronchetto or Verona Villafranca Airport and transfer to your accomodations located in historic Verona. Check-in and time to settle in. Private guided city walk of Verona. Suggestions for dinner in Verona.
Breakfast at your accomodations. We will spend the day in the Valpolicella Classic wine-producing region, home to the famous Amarone. Arrive at the first winery in Negrar, where you meet the winemaker and learn about the wine making process. Enjoy a full guided wine tasting of the wines they produce. We’ll break for a traditional lunch at a typical trattoria of the area. Next is a scenic to Marano della Valpolicella to the second winery. Walk through the vineyards with the winemaker and see where the grapes are dried for the Amarone and Recioto wines, followed by a guided wine tasting of their wines. After a full day we return to your accomodations in Verona. Time for a walk in the center of town before dinner on your own this evening.
Breakfast at your accomodations and check-out. This morning we will stop in the small medieval town of Soave and walk up to the castle. Next we will continue on to one of our favorite local wineries in the Soave region for a cellar visit and guided wine tasting. Afterwards time for a light lunch at a typical local agriturismo. Transfer to the Venice Marco Polo Airport, Venice Tronchetto or Verona Villafranca Airport.
“Amazing and memorable!!”
My partner and I booked a last minute trip to Verona around Christmas time, and this was certainly the highlight of the weekend. The tour with Mario was truly unforgettable. He is an absolute gentleman, highly professional and knowledgeable about the region and all it has to offer. His choice of vineyards to visit and lunch venue were spot on. We are already considering another cheese and wine tour with Mario in the future – perhaps when our current supply from the region runs low.
Wine & Love 3 days/2 nights