Amarone & Soave ExperienceJanuary 7, 2018
Spritz Culture in VeronaJanuary 8, 2018
650,00€ – 1.280,00€
APRONS & ART
GOURMET TOURS AND ACTIVITIES
A creative mix of a culinary and artistic experience: a market stroll, cooking class and and tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel
from euro 160/person
Discover an authentic Padova through its culinary and artistic masterpieces. This unique program combines a walk through the food markets, a hands-on cooking class set in a historic palazzo dating back to the 17th century, and reserved entrance tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel, home to the important fresco cycle by Giotto. This is an ideal day trip by train from Venice.
Begin your day with your local food and wine expert as you stroll through the colorful market stands of the impressive Piazza delle Erbe. Learn about the fresh, seasonal produce that is fundamental to the local cuisine.
Next you will walk down the cobblestone streets of the medieval Jewish Ghetto to the palazzo where your cooking class takes place. Your interactive lesson, led by an engaging local chef, will have you prepare typical specialties such as homemade fresh pasta or risotto as part of a complete Italian meal. At the end of the lesson you will sit down to lunch all together to taste what you have prepared. Your meal will include several quality local wines, which will be presented as an introduction to the world of Italian wines. A fun and informative culinary experience for all skill levels.
Your day includes reserved tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel. This series of 14th century frescoes by Tuscan artist Giotto are second in importance only to the Sistine Chapel, according to some critics. Giotto was extremely innovative for his time, and his masterful depiction of emotion, color and humanity are as impressive today as they were at their completion, over 700 years ago.
- Visit the local outdoor market and learn about the fruits and vegetables of the season
- Learn how to prepare an Italian meal with an engaging local chef
- Taste quality local wines paired with your meal
- Take home a detailed recipe booklet of the dishes you have prepared
- Visit the Scrovegni Chapel to see the stunning frescoes by Giotto
- Private English-speaking host/chef, lunch and accompanying wines
- Market walk in Piazza delle Erbe
- Cooking Lesson
- Lunch with Italian Wine
- Recipe booklet in English
- Reserved tickets to the Scrovegni Chapel
- Detailed information on travelling by train from Venice to Padova
- 9:00 am
Meet your expert food and wine guide at the Padova Market in Piazza delle Erbe.
- 10:00 am
Begin the cooking lesson with your local chef, followed by lunch all together.
- 2:30 pm
Wrap up your culinary experience with a moka coffee and typical digestivo.
- 3:00 pm*
Entrance time for your reserved tickets at the Scrovegni Chapel.
* If you prefer some free time on your own after lunch before visiting the Scrovegni Chapel, we are happy to make reservations for your preferred time. Please note, however, that your tickets are for a specific entrance time and once purchased cannot be modified.