Wine and CheeseMarch 19, 2017
Market Walk in PadovaMarch 19, 2017
700,00€ – 1.320,00€
VERONA & THE VALPOLICELLA
WINE & CITY TOUR
A winning combination:
a guided tour of Verona and a visit to an Amarone producer
from euro 165/person
Spend a memorable day exploring Verona and the Valpolicella. Combine a fascinating city walk in the morning with a scenic drive into the countryside for an afternoon winery visit and tasting.
You’re in expert hands throughout the entire day: our city walks are led by knowledgeable and friendly local guides and our winery visits are led by accredited Italian sommeliers. And for the foodie in you, we include a typical lunch in a classic trattoria where you can try our local specialties. This special day trip can be tailored to match your interests and schedule.
The Valpolicella is located between Verona and Lake Garda, just north of Verona itself. This group of small valleys has been famous for its wine production for over 2,000 years. Discover all of the wines made here today, including Amarone, Ripasso, Valpolicella and Recioto. Learn about the local grape varietals and unique production methods directly from the winemakers. Enjoy the beautiful hilly scenery as you explore the Valpolicella Classic wine producing area with your private guide.
- 2 hr. guided city walking tour of Verona
- Amarone winery visit from vineyard to cellar and wine tasting with your expert wine guide
- Pick-up and drop-off service from Verona, Venice or Padova
- Round-trip transportation by comfortable passenger van or car
- A traditional lunch at a typical trattoria of appetizer, pasta course, dessert, local wine, water and Italian coffee
- Scenic drive through the Valpolicella countryside
- Maximum flexibility in meeting any special requests before and during your tour
- 10:00 am
Meet your guide in Piazza Bra and start your private walking tour of Verona.
- 12:00 pm
Wrap up your walking tour. Meet your wine guide and be on your way to the nearby Valpolicella.
- 12:30 pm
Traditional lunch at a typical trattoria in wine country
- 2:00 pm
A scenic drive through the Valpolicella to arrive at the Amarone winery. Walk through the vineyards with the winemaker and visit the cellar to see the production methods. Followed by a guided wine tasting of their production.
- 3:30 pm
Leave the Valpolicella and head back to Verona, arriving at approx. 4pm.